Monday, February 9, 2009

The Difference

It has been a week since Ivan started his job. He is still going through the training process and will be for a few more weeks. Our schedules are all screwed up because we allowed ourselves to get into a routine of staying up late and sleeping in while Ivan was home. Now, he wants to go to bed at like 9:30 which seems SO early to me. I find myself playing computer games or updating our blog which I never had time to do before. Mason and Jeremiah clearly miss their Daddy. It's been a rough week. They will get used to it though and will eventually stop crying at my legs all day.
If you haven't noticed, I have not been posting as many pictures. It's because our digital camera is breaking and hardly stays on long enough to take one picture. Lord willing, we will be getting a new one in the near future. Until then, I will try to write more instead.
My mom and step-dad are coming for a visit next week. I am really excited. On Monday they are taking us out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. We are going to one of my favorite restaurants in Boulder, Brasserie Ten Ten. We will have the rest of the week (for the most part) to just be together. I love it when my mom visits. We always have so much fun.
I have been really missing Cali lately. I think about my friends there and wish we all did a better job of keeping in touch. Blogs are great, but it's just not the same as Shelly and Julia's random visits when they would let themselves in and steal the twins for like an hour just so that I could have a moment alone. I guess that's not really spending time with them, but it was one of the many benefits of living close. And you just can't beat the Spirit-filled conversations to and from church gatherings and Bible studies. I have never had so much fun riding in a car (unless you consider 30 hours with Shelly and Taylor, which was... unforgettable!)I also think of how different it must be there to them with everyone spreading out all over the place. Ivan seems to get a 'way about him' every time he sees a view of the ocean on tv or when watching a movie. I really think he considers Santa Barbara to be 'back home'. It's where he gave his life to the Lord and where we started our married life and family together. Rest assured all you SB residents, Mason and Jeremiah are natives! I can't wait to visit.
Well, enough of my rambling. My heart is full of joy and happiness! Good night.

6 comments:

Kyra said...

Any good things about CO? JK. Just know that if you had more friends here that didn't have kids, rest assured they'd be popping in to take the twins off your hands...

Ivan and Chrissy said...

Well, the good thing is that I don't need the twins taken off my hands now like I did then. I guess I did leave out the part where coming back to CO has been a little weird at times, like when you see someone that you know you know but cannot remember for the life of you how or where from. But the truth is that Longmont feels like home to me. The Lord brought us back for a reason and he has allowed us to settle in almost as if we never left. He just needed our undivided attention for a few years. Love you Kyra, and I am so thankful for you and our friendship!

shelly said...

We miss you guys too. But just remember the grass ALWAYS seems greener. Congrats on the job!! I am always blessed by your wisdom. I pray Chrissy can always be with the boys and the Lord keeps providing for you and yours. We always say hi to Heather when we see her. We are lovin on her. Hows church, fellowship etc? Maybe youcan email me. Much love Hirsh Family... Taylor

~j~ said...

What an honest, thoughtful post Chrissy. We miss you too and are so grateful for seasons, and that season was simply glorious. Your obedience and trust in the Lord to return to Longmont was and is such a witness to us all and we are so grateful that the Lord knitted all our heart together forever even though distance separates us, thankfully we have eternity. We look forward to the day when we can have a little Cali reunion, there will be lots to give thanks and praise for in all our lives.
I love you all so much, keep praising God for all HE has done and continues to do!
xoxo
love julia

Anonymous said...

Chrissy- Hi it's Becca! You and your family are beautiful!!!! It has been way too long. My mom said that you called her house a few months ago looking for me and she gave me your phone number on a stickey note that sadly was lost somewhere in the depths of my purse. Long story short, it took a lot of googling today to find you since I am not on MySpace or Facebook. Anyway, I would love to see you, talk and catch up. Please email me becca_jane_99@yahoo.com and lets set something up. Hope to hear from you soon:)

KATEE said...

HIRSH FAMILY! HELLO!!
Happy Birthday Chrissy! I am happy to hear about Ivan's new job and I also hope and pray that Chrissy will be able to stay home with the boys... peace + much love to you guys!
XOXO!!!